Friday, May 20, 2016

Shaking Things Up

If you are tuning in on Monday morning to catch up with the daily goings-on, you may be a bit surprised to learn that there will be no chemotherapy on Monday.  It will be on Thursday this week instead.  Yes, this was planned.

Why, you might ask? We are traveling to Anaheim, CA, tomorrow morning (that's Saturday the 21st, for those of you who haven't noticed the date of this post).  No, we aren't going for a Disneyland vacation.  Mostly.  We will be staying at the Disneyland Hotel, and it might be possible that we happen to find ourselves inside one (or both) of the parks at some point or another ... or another.  But the purpose of the trip is that I will be presenting a paper at the annual  conference of the Institute of Industrial and Systems Engineers - and yes, I am a member.  Deb will (I hope) be in the audience for encouragement ... or heckling.  I'm not really sure on that point.

Since the conference is being hosted at the House of Mouse I feel fairly certain that we will be able to find something to do during our downtime.  I just hope that Deb's low-grade nausea doesn't kick in and keep her from doing any of the rides that she might want to do (I'm thinking of you, Matterhorn).

So tune into this channel on Thursday to see how the trip went and how the chemotherapy is working out.

M-I-C See ya real soon!
K-E-Y Why? Because we like you!!
M-O-U-S-E

(I wonder if I should work that into my presentation somehow ... ?)

No comments:

Post a Comment