Sunday, November 1, 2009

Reunited

After spending two nights in Knoxville, I am back in Kingsport today with Deb at her Mom's. I think she's gotten some good rest while I've been gone, and has made some progress (as I expected that she would). She's been up walking (albeit slowly) a bit more today and has been awake more. That is likely due to her cutting back on her Percocet dose from one every four hours to one every six hours. When I got here she was at 5-1/2 hours and was a bit uncomfortable, but that isn't a surprise to me, all things considered.

Her first follow-up appointment with the surgeon is on Tuesday back in Knoxville. I will fly out right after that appointment and Deb and Mom-Linda will head back to Kingsport for another week. Deb and I have been discussing whether or not we might want to head back to Knoxville on Monday so I can get a few more things done around the house there before I leave, but we haven't made a decision yet. Part of it will depend on how well Deb is able to sleep in a regular bed, which she will try for the first time post-surgery tonight. We shall see.

Tuesday's appointment is suppose to be to have Deb's bandages removed and changed out by the surgeon, and also to have him remove the drain on her right side. The next week he will, in all likelyhood, remove the sutures. I think Deb will be ready to fly back to Seattle after those are gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment