Friday, October 30, 2009

Parting Is Such Sweet Sorrow

Well, I left Deb today. Only for a day or two, and she's in her mom's capable hands, but I still feel kinda bad about it. Still, I do have a long-standing commitment to attend to in Knoxville this weekend.

Deb ended up sleeping in the same recliner that I found her in yesterday when I got to Kingsport. I don't think she's quite ready to try sleeping flat on her back yet. I ended up sleeping on the sofa next to her. She slept pretty well, only waking up at 0215 when I gave her her next Percocet dose, and at about 0600 when she went to the bathroom and took her Percocet and antibotic. We then slept until about 1000. I hadn't meant to sleep that late, but I guess we both needed it.

We got Deb some breakfast and then I helped her bathe around the bandages around her chest. Her mom helped her wash her hair as well, so I know she was feeling a bit more human after that. I left around noon, but I have talked to her on the phone since then (and will again in a little while) and she is taking the opportunity to just sit in that recliner and relax as much as possible. I'm going back up on Sunday, so maybe by then she'll feel up to going outside for a walk down the street and back. Or maybe not, but I will still make the offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment