Friday, February 12, 2016

And She's Out ...

Though I still can't go back to see her yet.  I did talk to her surgeon a moment ago and he said she did fine through surgery, though she'll have a bit of bruising for a while - but that's normal for this case.  He said she would be in the recovery room for about an hour and then will get moved over to the southwest tower (which I inferred to mean that she will go straight to a room - preferably a private room so I can stay with her).

I think it's a good sign that the actual surgery took less time than they had set aside for it.  Four hours versus five or more is encouraging.  I just wish I didn't have to wait another hour to get to see her, but that's how it is, I guess.

I probably won't post again until after I get a chance to talk to her a bit, maybe not even tonight (unless we have a repeat of The Potato Soup Caper).

3 comments:

  1. Aunt Debbie and Uncle BudFebruary 12, 2016 at 6:19 PM

    SO thankful she is out!!! And doing well. Sure hope they DO give her that private room so you can stay with her. (And also hoping you won't have a repeat of the Potato Soup Caper! Especially since I couldn't make a cross-country drive this time to be with you guys! I MIGHT have attempted it - if it hadn't been snowing like crazy - just no lighting and thunderstorms this time!) Love you both! Aunt Debbie and Uncle Bud

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there, both of you. Thinking of you...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang in there, both of you. Thinking of you...

    ReplyDelete