Sunday, February 14, 2016

Be It Ever So Humble ...

Sorry for the delay, but it's been a little busy around here.  Deb and I got home a little after noon yesterday and started settling her into her recliner.  Greg showed up with Linda (Deb's mom) a little after that. Deb slept for most of the afternoon, and I have to admit that I slept for a couple of hours as well.  I guess I hadn't realized how exhausted I was.

Not much more to report than that Deb is really doing pretty well so far.  She's been up walking around inside the house a bit, she was able to sit at the table for dinner last night and breakfast this morning, and she's generally got a pretty good level of energy at this stage.  Long naps are still de rigeur, but she has been able to have her hair washed by Linda and I helped her take a shower this morning, so I know she feels a lot better about that.  Plus, I know we both got a lot better rest last night than we did the night before in the hospital.

She does feel like she's been on the wrong end of a beating, but that's hardly a surprise.  She's starting to get the bruising to support that assertion as well. I think she was (reasonably) mentally prepared for all that though, so she seems to be taking it all in stride.

There may not be many posts here for the next week or so.  Maybe one every day or two just to note her progress.  I will be posting more around the time of her follow-up doctor's appointments, but I think the first couple of those aren't until around the 27th.

If you've called or texted over the last couple of days, please forgive us if we haven't responded.  There is a pretty big backlog for her to deal with and while her energy level is good, it's a relative statement.  It's good considering that she just had major surgery.  Full recovery is still a long way away, but we'll deal with it one step at a time.

4 comments:

  1. Glad that surgery went well and shes able to get the hospital smell off!! Please send her our love and gentle side hugs. The coopers

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. George, so glad you are both home and getting better rest and it's great to hear that Deb's Mom is with you. Wishing Deb renewed strength with each new day. All my best, Jan

      Delete
  3. George, thanks so much for these updates. Please send hugs, strength and love from across the coast. Far in distance, but close in heart,

    ReplyDelete