Thursday, February 18, 2016

Moving Right Along

Deb is doing pretty well.  Actually better than the last time she had surgery, so that's a relief.  I think that one factor in that is the fact that she knew a little better what to expect coming out of surgery this time.  Another factor is that she's in better physical condition this time.

I think that she used her recovery last time to kick-start an effort to improve her stamina and conditioning overall, and I must say that it has worked well these last few years.  I think it is also paying off now.

She's still very sore, but she has been making herself get up and walk around the first floor of the house several times each day, and has been trying to increase that amount each day as well.  She's also been able to decrease the frequency of having to take her painkillers a little bit.  She can't do a lot of simple things, like load/unload the dishwasher or get things out of the cabinets that are higher than a certain distance off the floor, but that will come and meanwhile her mom and I are here to handle that sort of thing.

Last night we had a visit from our friends Brie and Randall when they brought dinner over and ate with us.  Deb seemed to hold up pretty well for the couple of hours that they were here.  Another couple of friends had brought dinner to us on Sunday, but they couldn't stay and Deb wasn't quite up to a longer visit yet.  We are also set to have Cris and Anna over for dinner on Friday (I think they're bringing something from Luam's restaurant, so it should be delicious).

As for new information on Deb's recovery process, we won't really know any more until late next week.  She'll see her surgeon and oncologist on Thursday, and she'll have a visit with the radiation oncologist on Friday.  I will definitely post something after we have the news from those about her treatment going forward.

I may post something after the weekend about Deb's initial recovery, or I may not post anything until Friday.  Again, thank you to everyone who has posted replies or FB comments, texted, or sent cards to Deb.  I have been relaying them all along to her and I know that she appreciates them.  Confidentially, I appreciate them too.

2 comments:

  1. George, I'm delighted to hear that Deb's recovery is going better this second time around. I relayed Deb's texted "hello" to everyone that she sent yesterday. Several of us are at AAPM this week, a meeting Deb was slated to attend, and we've been tipping our glasses in her honor. Please let her know that we miss her laughter and vibrancy and she is an inspiration to us all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the updates, George. Hope all continues well. Thinking of you all.

    ReplyDelete