Wednesday, October 28, 2009

En Suite

OK, Deb is now resting semi-comfortably in her hospital room, at least as comfortably as possible. She reports that the pain this time is not nearly as much as it was for her first surgery. In fact, they don't even have a morphine pump on her this time. Instead, she is sampling her own company's wares by taking Percocet for the pain. She's still a little groggy from the anaesthesia, but that is to be expected for a while.

Deb got to her room at around 1430 (that's 2:30 pm for those who don't speak 24-hour clock time). They had warned me at about 1315 that she was indeed having to wait for a room to open up and that it could take as much as two hours. I was thinking that two hours wouldn't be a problem since I had to leave at 1330 to make a 1345 Dr. appointment of my own. Sadly, I was still sitting out in the Dr.'s lobby waiting to go back at 1430 when Mom-Linda texted me with Deb's room number. I had hoped to be back and in her room when she arrived, but I didn't make it back until closer to 1630.

Thank you to those who have sent messages of support. I am sorry that I haven't had time to answer all of them, but then, that's what this site is for - to keep you informed about how she is doing.

And right now she is lightly dozing. That's a good thing.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the news George- it was really great to see you guys on Sunday. You both are in my prayers and I hope Deb is even feeling "mo better" tomorrow. he he

    ReplyDelete