Thursday, October 29, 2009

Recovery - Day I

Well, Deb made it through the night with no problems. She slept soundly most of the time except for the few times that the nurses came in to check her vital signs or when she needed to go to the restroom. I didn't sleep quite so well. They have chairs in the rooms that fold out into "beds", but they aren't exactly comfortable to spend the night on. Still, I wasn't there for my comfort. I'll make up for my lack of sleep a little later today.

We've had a few a few visitors since my last update. Amy showed up last night for a visit (and brought Deb some mugs and tea bags). Kelly also came by after she got off from work. Todd came in this morning for a good visit. All have noted that Deb looks a lot better after this surgery than after the last.

Mom-Linda just showed up as Todd was leaving, so we're starting the discharge process. The discharge nurse is here now taking the IV out now, so we should be leaving within the next half-hour. I will try to post another update later after we all get to Kingsport, so I'll be able to report how Deb does with the two-hour trip to travel up there.

Things are much better this time. Something to be happy about for now. Of course there's still the next three weeks to get through, but I think it will all be relatively OK.

No comments:

Post a Comment