Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Surgery Complete

Deb's surgery was completed at around 1130 and she's now in the recovery room. I just got back from talking with Dr. Kleto, and he seems pleased with the results. He gave me a list of do's and don'ts to follow for the next week until he sees her next Tuesday in his office (to remove the drain - we hope). He'll see her again the following week to remove the sutures.

Our friend Duane has been out here sitting with us since about 0900. He came and sat with me during the last surgery as well. I was also able to walk out to the truck and give him a small woodworking project I had done for him and his wife, Angela, over the last few days.

I was told to expect that Deb will be in the recovery room for about an hour, but I seem to recall being told that the last time and it was closer to 2-1/2 hours. If I remember correctly, that may have had something to do with having to wait for a room to be cleared. With luck, we won't have that issue this time.

I've been having a bit of an issue with this computer this morning. It has locked up on me a couple of times and I've had to reboot. I mention this as a segue to a new term that Deb coined this morning on the way to the hospital. She was having similar issues with her laptop and mentioned to me that all she was getting was the ire-glass.

Ireglass (Eye-er-glas, n) - the term used to describe the constant hourglass symbol that you get when your system locks up, creating a state of extreme frustration.

More when we get to a room...

No comments:

Post a Comment