Sunday, September 18, 2016

Easy Like Sunday Morning

Except that it's now Sunday afternoon. No matter. We are still taking it easy.

Deb decided that she's actually tired of sleeping downstairs, so she made two treks up the stairs yesterday (once for a shower, once for bed).  I think she had a better night of it.  I know that I was more comfortable.  But it's not about me. I'll be wherever she is for now. This morning we came down and sat in the two recliners we bought back in February before her last surgery, staying there most of the morning up until lunch.  We were even able to let Betty come in with us to that room as long as she learned that Deb is off-limits and that she needed to stay on her bed. She actually was better about that than I'd expected.

After lunch we decided to sit on the sofa until halftime of the Seahawks game, but Deb fell asleep on me with about a minute left. Seriously, she fell asleep on me, with her legs propped up across mine. So I'm stuck here for awhile, or at least until she wakes up and goes up for her shower.  But I could at least reach my iPad, so it seemed as good a time as any to write an update.

Deb's update:
- Her energy and stamina have been turned up to 11.  Sadly, that's only 11 out of 50 or so, but hey, baby steps.
- The production of her drains continues to decrease*, but I think that she'll only get to have two of the four removed tomorrow.
- She seems to having a brighter disposition as she continues to metabolize the anesthesia out of her system.  She's a lot more alert (except for starting about 30-45 minutes after her latest OxyContin, at which time she tends to slide/float into la-la land for a while.
- She's still dealing with pain, but she's dealing with it.

We have an appointment tomorrow for a recheck at her surgeons' office with one of the nurses.  As mentioned, we should say farewell to at least two drains, but it may be closer to the end of the week when the other two come out.  Nonetheless, I will post something about the appointment sometime tomorrow.

Until then, have a nice lazy Sunday if you can.

* Sorry if talk of surgical drains makes you squeamish, but that's just how it is here at Crawford House right now

No comments:

Post a Comment