Monday, September 12, 2016

I See You (Or Something Like That)

It is now 2145 local time and Deb has been in ICU for about 30 or so minutes.  I got to walk up just as they were wheeling her into the room, so I got to hang out in the shadows while the ICU team did their initial assessment. Once they left the room I got to talk to Deb a bit (in her really groggy state) and let her know what all had gone on while she was under sedation. She's resting some now - drifting in and out, really - but she's in a bit of pain.  But she has her finger on the button of the painkiller pump, so she has at least some level of control there.  I think I get to stay tonight, so I'll be here to keep her company when she is in her lucid moments.  No, I don't plan on getting much sleep.  I'll likely take a nap when I go home to walk and feed the dog in the morning.

But before I go home, I will stick around at least long enough to see the surgeons and hear their assessment and any care instructions in the morning.

That's five posts today.  Wow.  That's a lot.  I won't likely do as many tomorrow, but I will try to post something after the surgeons have come by or at least as soon as I get home.

To recap the important stuff:
- Deb is out of surgery and her doctors seemed pleased
- Deb is in ICU tonight before heading to a regular room tomorrow
- Deb is in some pain, but it seems to be manageable
- The surgeons will be by tomorrow morning to check in and see how she's doing

Yep, that's about it. Thanks go out to all who commented, texted or FB'd, and special thanks to Greg and Michael who came by the hospital (especially Michael for sticking around while I ran home so he could update me on changing information on the boards).

No comments:

Post a Comment