Wednesday, June 17, 2009

At Last...

Deb is finally in a room. I had hoped to get up here before she did, but her aunt and I walked in to find that she was already here with two of the floor nurses hovering over her. That, at least, made me feel better. I just wanted to make sure Deb didn't get dropped off and left alone for any length of time.

The only problem I had was that the room temperature was set to "Ice-box" when we got here. Deb didn't think it was so bad, but then she's well bundled in several layers of hospital sheets and blankets, so go figure. Happily, the nurse told me I was free to reset the thermostat, so I am no longer having to plan a trip out to get parkas for her aunt and me.

Deb is in some pain, but the morphine pump is really taking that down a bunch of notches, so she isn't complaining. She's awake right now, but is still pretty groggy so I don't know how much longer that will last. Once her aunt leaves I will try to let her get some sleep for a bit until Todd shows up again to see her.

She looks good. Of course, she always looks good to me, but she does look like she's come through this rather well.

Maybe one more post tonight, maybe not.

6 comments:

  1. Hey George- you are great at this. We are all rooting for you guys- peace, comfort and love for both! Your phone post worked fine so now that is an option. Thanks for doing such a great job with this.

    Thinking of you guys,
    Laurie Craig

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey George,we have been thinking of you and Deb all day. I know it is emotionally draining,but she is going to be great. I have faith!! We will keep you in out thoughts and prayers. WE can't wait to see you in our neck of the woods. Lots of fun times ahead. Stay strong. Love, Erin and Shane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey George
    Thanks so much for keeping us updated.I am so glad Deb pulled through as well as she did! Wayne and I are in Memphis for a Bar Meeting. I will check again in the morning to see how she is doing. Keeping you guys in my prayers (& have asked my friends to send up some too).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Deborah,
    I am glad you are doing well! Answer to prayers. If there is anything you need my cell is 865-455-7607.
    Continue to heal and rest. It was great to read the fantastic care you are getting for your Mom and husband :)
    Love
    Diane Smith

    ReplyDelete
  5. edit "from your Mom and husband"
    oops sorry ... ADD!
    Love
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear Dr. Deb is doing well. Big kisses for her and the entire herd as well.

    ReplyDelete