Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Holding Pattern

Well, it has now been close to two hours since Deb went into the recovery room and I still haven't seen her. They are waiting for a room to open up, or be cleaned, or be repainted, or be built, or something before they'll move her out of recovery, but they won't let me back to see her. I really want to. Maybe I haven't made myself clear on that to them, but I am trying not to be the 'problem spouse' that I'm sure they tell stories about from time to time. Still, I'm getting to be as jittery as an acrophobe stranded alone on a rainforest canopy zip line. No, not really, but I've been wanting to try using that line and this seemed like as good an opportunity as any.

Duane had to go, but Deb's aunt is still here waiting with me. Still, it was very nice of Duane to come down and sit with me. I do appreciate that (and Todd, too, who told me he will be coming back by later this evening).

Now is also a good time to express my appreciation to everyone who has called, texted, emailed, commented, sent cards, smoke signaled, et cetera, with good wishes and all. I haven't been able to answer many of them, but we are happy to know that Deb and I have so many friends out there. Thank you.

But for now, the waiting game continues...

No comments:

Post a Comment