Friday, June 19, 2009

First Day Home

It's 12:30 pm as I begin this post. The night passed reasonably quietly. Deborah stayed snuggled into the sofa (which from personal post-surgical experience is one of the most comfortable spots in the house). Linda took the other leg of the sofa (it's 'L'-shaped) as her overnight post. I had gone into the front room to read for a little bit at about 9:30 pm, ended up drifting off soon after, and woke up at around 4:15 am! After checking on Deb, I headed up to put sheets on our bed only to find Linda had already done it for me previously.

I slept until maybe 9:00 am (I guess I was more tired than I thought), then got up and checked on Deb, got her some breakfast, and found that Linda had already taken care of Deb's surgical drains (I guess when she had gotten up to walk and feed the dogs - I'll tell you, everyone should have a Mother-in-law like Linda).

Since then I've been answering the door, answering the phone, making calls to doctor's offices, calling to check on our car that's in the shop, et cetera, while Deb has been doing the one thing that it is important for her to do - resting as comfortably as possible. Since breakfast she's been lightly dozing, mostly, which is good. She looks very peaceful, at least as long as we can keep the cat from trying to walk on her chest. Lindsay-kitty can't quite understand why we keep blocking her from trying to step any higher than Deb's lap, and she's very persistent in her attempts to snuggle up under Deb's chin, but Linda and I are just as persistent at denying her the opportunity. Lindsay is now curled up at Deb's feet.

Good. They can both get some sleep.
_________________________________________________

Deb's first re-check with the surgeons is on Tuesday afternoon. There won't be as many posts from me between now and then - maybe one each day, maybe less - unless something unexpected comes up, but I definitely will post after her visit to the doctor on Tuesday.

2 comments:

  1. It's hard to tell a cat that it can't do whatever it wants. So - I guess you and Linda will just have to watch carefully.

    Hope Deborah is resting fairly comfortably.

    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wayne and I are so glad the first day home has been uneventful. Am thinking of you guys. Thanks for doing the updates.

    ReplyDelete