Monday, June 22, 2009

Monday

Well, it's been two days since my last post, and there has been some notable improvement in Deb. I wish I could say the same about me.

Deb obviously has more energy today. She still sleeps a lot, but she's awake a lot more, too. She's trying to space out her painkillers a little more. She's also moving a little faster when she's up. The only thing not coming along as I'd wish it is the drainage. Drainage in both drains is slowing, but there's still more from #2 than the doctor said he'd want to see before he removes it.

The best news for Deb, though, is the pathology report, which she got today. Even though the total length of the affected region of the duct was longer than expected (at 4 cm), all of it was removed and no invasive cancerous cells remain. The surgeon did say that given the size, a lumpectomy would not have been sufficient, so Deb did make the right choice. Even though he said he was hesitant to use the word 'cured' in most cases, the surgeon said he would be willing to call this one 'cured'. WooHoo!

We go see the plastic surgeon tomorrow afternoon, so let's hope for more good news.

As for me, I somehow managed to pull the muscles in my lower back on Saturday afternoon. The spasms have continued through today and are just now beginning to abate..slowly. I am so happy to have Linda around right now. She's been a real trooper about picking up the slack, especially with laundry and dog-walking duties. So I'm singing her praises yet again.

Thanks go out to John B. for coming by today and bring us our dinner for tonight. To bad I had to go back to work, so I missed his visit. Still, I think Deb was happy he stopped by. Thanks, John.

No comments:

Post a Comment