Saturday, June 20, 2009

Getting in Touch with Her Inner Potato

Deb and I had discussed yesterday afternoon the possibility of her actually sleeping upstairs in the bed last night (her idea), but when it came right down to it, she ended up spending another night in the succubus-like embrace of the sofa.  I have to say, it is the most comfortable sofa we've ever owned and I will be very sad when it finally wears out.  Linda again took up the other end of the 'L' since I was afraid I'd end up bumping Deb in the night (and Linda is shorter than I am).  This way Linda was able to take the night shift while I stumbled back upstairs into bed at about midnight or so.

Deb has made some notable progress today.  The amount of drainage has gone down (sorry if talking about that disgusts you, but I'm trying to give a reasonably accurate reporting for the medical-types checking in here).  Also, she's gone from taking two pills at painkiller time to taking one pill, which tells me that the pain is becoming more manageable for her.  And trust me, Deb doesn't tolerate pain all that happily (she will attest to that herself).  Still, most of her time is spent dozing, which is the best thing for her.  When she does have to get up she has been taking several laps around the first floor level just to get some movement going.  She's going farther each time (more laps), so I am definitely see improvement there as well.

Kelly came by for a visit today after she got off of work. Deb had just finished her lunch, so the timing was perfect.  Deb has also taken a couple of phone calls herself (though not many - just family).  She's also been feeling strong enough to pester me about sending out "Thank You" emails or text messages to several people who've sent stuff (especially coworkers), so if you sent something it is entirely my fault that you haven't gotten a "Thank You" yet.  You could say that I've been somewhat preoccupied of late.  I will get to it eventually.

Another day of progress, so I call it a good day.

And I hope you all have a good day as well, whatever you are doing (but especially Jennifer and Rick).

No comments:

Post a Comment