Thursday, June 18, 2009

No Place Like Home

Deb is now happily snuggled in on the sofa. It took a while, and for a time I thought I might be seeing the night nurse again, but they finally wheeled her out the door at about 5:45pm. My time since getting her home has been spent picking up dinner and dropping off Deb's prescriptions at the pharmacy.

Her mom is now here with us. I had to go pick up Linda at the airport this afternoon, which happened to be right when the nastiest thunderstorm I've seen in years hit. I got absolutely soaked walking from the hospital to my car through sheets of rain blown so hard it was going sideways (I'm not kidding). There was hail and high water (18 to 20 inches in places - again, I am not kidding). I even saw a Ford Fiesta drive into a puddle and disappear (OK, I am kidding about that - a little). Anyway, it will be good to have Linda here to help out during Deb's initial recovery period over the next few weeks.

Deb reports that she is feeling 'fair'. I'm sure she will feel better once she takes her next painkiller in another hour-and-a-half. After I go pick it up, that is, here in a few minutes. She also says she's feeling more tired than she expected, but I don't know why she didn't expect it after being with me after each of my surgeries.

Finally, she wants me to say 'thanks' to everyone for their messages or calls wishing her well. I have been relaying them on to her during her waking moments, and she does appreciate them all.

So do I, so thanks from me, too.

3 comments:

  1. Welcome back home Deb! We're all so glad that everything went well. With all the good help you've got, you'll be up and around before you know it!

    Jon, Jennifer, and Mia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just heard today, glad things went well. Been thinking of
    youall for the last couple of weeks wondering when it
    was going down. When is food not food? --right after
    surgery and you just don't care... I hope Deb didn't have
    my experience -- sick for a week from the anesthesia.
    Ditto your comment on pain management -- keep it
    down, don't let it up. Even a little bit. Drugs are good.
    I'll be down next week.
    Love to you both, --Frank & Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are home safe and sound. I don't think there is a person on earth who can sleep in a hospital. There are too many vital checks for my comfort. Now, you can have the comfort of home and have help from George and your mom. Sink into that great couch and let the drugs do the trick. Hang in there and sleep, sleep, sleep. We will keep checking on you. Great job with the blog George!!!! Take care. Erin

    ReplyDelete